

**PLANNING BOARD MEETING
DECEMBER 21, 2020
7:30PM**

- 1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE**
- 2. ROLL CALL**
- 3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES JULY 20, 2020**
- 4. VILLAGE VIEW ESTATES
101-1-1.-31
CONDITIONAL FINAL SUBDIVISION APPROVAL EXTENSION**
- 5. 1657 MANAGEMENT LLC
HARRIMAN MANOR
102-4-10, 11
SITE PLAN**
- 6. 38 COMMERCE DRIVE LLC
108-1-12
SITE PLAN**

**THE NEXT PLANNING BOARD MEETING IS SCHEDULED FOR
MONDAY JANUARY 25, 2021 AT 7:30PM
SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR THE PLANNING BOARD MEETING IS
MONDAY JANUARY 11, 2021.**

VILLAGE OF HARRIMAN PLANNING BOARD MEETING
Regular Meeting
December 21, 2020

Chairwoman Escallier opened the Village of Harriman Regular Meeting of December 21, 2020 at 7:30pm.

Chairwoman Escallier: Before we start, just some basic rules, we haven't been together here for a while, if you're seated, you can take off your mask. If you're standing up and walking around, you need to wear your mask.

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE

ROLL CALL:

Present: Chairwoman Irma Escallier, Board Members Juan Quinones, Ron Klare, Jim Kelly, Kevin Dowd, Attorney, John Russo, Engineer and Barbara Singer, Recording Secretary.

MOTION was made by Member Klare to accept the Planning Board minutes of July 20, 2020.

SECOND was made by Member Quinones.

AYE Member Klare

NAY: -0-

Chairwoman Escallier

Member Kelly

Member Quinones

VILLAGE VIEW ESTATES

101-1-1.-31

CONDITIONAL FINAL SUBDIVISION APPROVAL EXTENSION

Chairwoman Escallier: Village View Estates is looking for an extension, but they cannot be here today. We need to extend them back from November because they are on a November/May schedule. They say this may be the last time that we need to extend them.

Member Kelly: Because we are in the middle of a pandemic, a lot of construction has come to a stop so I would like to note this hardship.

Chairwoman Escallier: They cannot dig from November to May anyway. They will not be able to do anything.

MOTION was made by Member Klare to extend their approval 6 months.

SECOND was made by Member Quinones.

AYE Member Klare

NAY: -0-

Chairwoman Escallier

Member Kelly

Member Quinones

1657 MANAGEMENT LLC

102-4-10, 102-4-11

DISCUSSION

Present: Michael Morgante, Engineer, Steve Brown, Applicant

Chairwoman Escallier: Is this project called Harriman Gardens or Harriman Manor? Has the name changed?

VILLAGE OF HARRIMAN PLANNING BOARD MEETING
Regular Meeting
December 21, 2020

Mr. Morgante: I am the new project engineer for this application. I don't know where I picked Gardens up from, maybe another project that got overlapped with that. It will continue to be Harriman Manor. I will revise the plans to say Harriman Manor.

Chairwoman Escallier: That's fine, I just wanted to be clear what the name was.

Mr. Russo: A traffic report was submitted to the Village of Harriman's traffic engineer to review. I am waiting to hear back from Phil Grealy from Maser in regards to that. There is a lot of cleanup that needs to be done. As Mike has said, he's taken over the project, they know that they have to go to the Department of Transportation.

Mr. Morgante: We have been in contact with Sidney Sicario-Cardone who is not the Department of Transportation employee who handles this area, her jurisdiction ends somewhere around Woodbury. Dan DeRosa from Middletown handles this area. What we are looking for from this Board is some correspondence because I don't think that we can start the SEQRA process because the plans aren't complete enough but we would like to get something in writing to send to the Department of Transportation. It's really important for us to do three things with this project. (1) Establish the exact location where the entrance is going to be and we need to work with the Department of Transportation in order to do that. That's going to dictate what happens inside the site. (2) Establish water connections and (3) establish sewer connections. Before we go forward with the project in a sufficient manner, I think we need to get those three things ironed out. We need information from the Board, at least a recommending letter to the Department of Transportation that we are here before the Planning Board and that the Planning Board would like the Department of Transportation to meet with us in lieu of having SEQRA completed which is what trigger that coordination to occur. This is what I discussed with Mr. Russo on the phone, outside of that, we have already contacted Dan DeRosa to come down and meet with us but it would be much more helpful if we had a letter from the Planning Board saying that we're here before the board and we can't start SEQRA but we would like the opportunity to meet with them in the field for the project.

Mr. Dowd: Mike, maybe you could draft a letter and send it to us and we can look at it. If it's ok we can the Chairwoman to sign it and you're ok to go.

Chairwoman Escallier: That's a good idea. And check with them first to make sure you have the necessary language.

Mr. Russo: We don't want to have the project laid out and they don't like where the entrance is for site distance and want it shifted to the other side of the site.

Mr. Morgante: It's a tricky spot so I think it makes sense to get them out there and establish what they want right off the bat so that we feel comfortable moving forward with the design. We are working with some of the adjacent properties to determine what we can do in relation to the water and sewer connections. We have some water mapping and sewer mapping. We're looking to try to stay out of the Route 17M right of way, if we can. We will work towards that to see if we can achieve that. We seem to have water and sewer connections on both sides of us, so we will see what we can do with that.

Mr. Russo: They have a lot of information to provide. They just have basic plans, conceptual in nature at this point in time. They have a lot to put together before we begin SEQRA.

Mr. Morgante: Once we have those three things established then I can move along pretty quickly. I will be able to provide plans that are suitable for review. Right now we are stuck in the concept plan stage.

VILLAGE OF HARRIMAN PLANNING BOARD MEETING
Regular Meeting
December 21, 2020

Member Kelly: On the engineer report from Mr. Russo, we can still address a lot of the issues. There are quite a few that are important. The height of the building concerns me, in regard to the fire apparatus. The three floors go over the 30' for the aerial ladders.

Mr. Russo: It depends on where you're measuring from. You have to see where that 30' is.

Member Kelly: That truck comes in the back.

Mr. Russo: If it's aerial apparatus, the road has to be 26' wide. These buildings are more than likely have to be sprinkled no matter what. There are exceptions within the Code that the Building Inspector can modify things.

Member Kelly: The reason I'm asking is I thought this an excellent review. You've given some perfectly good questions and it gives the applicant a head start on everything. There are a lot of things here that aren't major issues but a lot of things that need to be addressed.

Mr. Morgante: If I was able to have the Department of Transportation entrance and water and sewer connections worked out, I would have already addressed many of those concerns. I can't really progress too much with the design of the project, a lot of these comments are designed based and that's because I've only prepared a concept plan for the Board's review. I can't go much further at this point until I have those three parameters ironed out. You can be sure that I will take a good look at these comments.

Member Klare: He won't be able to do anything until all of these things are corrected.

Mr. Morgante: Correct.

Member Kelly: I would like to say that this engineer report is excellent.

Mr. Russo: Thank you.

Chairwoman Escallier: My question is ahead of the time. My question was that we have our mail delivered by a USPS little trucks, where will they be pulling in to? Are you going to have the buildings surrounded by sidewalks or are you going to have those mail structures on the sidewalks? Or are they going to be a free-standing set for each building? That was in my mind but for the next stage in development.

Mr. Morgante: I appreciate that, I would rather know that up front, actually. Thank you.

Chairwoman Escallier: Because the little truck goes up to the mailboxes and they deliver mail and at the end there's a package box. I was curious so I figured I would mention it. You also have to consider snow plowing, if you're going to build it outside of the structure then you have to figure how you're going to get around it with the snow plow.

Mr. Morgante: At this time, I don't think there's too much I can do. I think it's really important for me to find out what's going on with the entrance, the water and sewer and once we can iron those three things out then the next time I come back here hopefully I can have more detail plans for everyone's review.

Mr. Russo: You should also check with the Village because I think some of those neighboring parcels, even though they have water mains in them, they may be private.

VILLAGE OF HARRIMAN PLANNING BOARD MEETING
Regular Meeting
December 21, 2020

Mr. Morgante: We are aware of that. If they are private though as long as there can be an agreement between Mr. Brown and that owner.

Mr. Russo: You would have to see if the Village would allow the connection.

Mr. Morgante: I have spoken with Orange County Sewer District No 1 and they have no problems with us connecting. I will check with the Village about the water.

38 COMMERCE DRIVE LLC
108-1-12
SITE PLAN

Present: Larry Toro, Engineer, Civil Tec Engineering & Surveying

Chairwoman Escallier: Are the plans sufficiently developed so that we could send it to Woodbury Planning?

Mr. Toro: Yes.

Mr. Dowd: You can do that as part of the SEQRA process, lead agency notice. If John (Russo) feels comfortable with the plans, we can start moving this along in the process.

Mr. Russo: The biggest concern was Army Corp and they've spent a year with Army Corp.

Chairwoman Escallier: I'm glad you're over that. That's a big step.

Mr. Russo: They still have to submit for the final but from all the correspondences they've worked it out.

Chairwoman Escallier: Kevin (Dowd) let me know when you think it's the right time.

MOTION was made by Member Klare to declare intent to be Lead Agency.

SECOND was made by Member Quinones.

AYE Member Klare

NAY: -0-

Chairwoman Escallier

Member Kelly

Member Quinones

Mr. Dowd: You can start distribution to the agencies, we can start that SEQRA process right now. You need to declare the intent to become Lead Agency, do the distribution, wait 30 days.

Mr. Russo: Larry (Toro) knows that he still has to finish with Army Corp, you're submitting to Orange County Sewer District for review, do you know if the building is going to be sprinkled?

Mr. Toro: It hasn't been worked up yet, I'll get more information from the architect.

Mr. Russo: There's some minor cleanup, the retaining walls, you'll be working with an engineer to get the calculations done on that, the sidewalk along the back of the building, that has to be extended all the way to the curb line, it comes down the stairs and stops. There's also going to have to be lighting along that walkway, under the state building code for emergency egress, it has to be a lit walkway. You're going to have to update your

VILLAGE OF HARRIMAN PLANNING BOARD MEETING
Regular Meeting
December 21, 2020

lighting plan. Make sure that it's something that's not too bright, even if you want to use pillar lights next to the walkway. You still need the height of the building; I know that you're still working on that with the architect. I would like to see construction fencing along the edge of the wetlands to make sure that nobody goes into those areas that are not to be disturbed. Minor cleanup on the details, the handicap access aisle for the parking stall should be eight. There's a crosswalk detail on it that you don't need. I would like to see more information on the underground storm water system that you've proposed. We still need to set up testing for the storm water system. There's a lot of information that will have to be incorporated to get the full SWPP but I'm assuming that you're waiting until you've done the full testing out on the site.

Mr. Toro: Correct.

Mr. Russo: There are some other minor modifications to some of the water details on the plans.

Chairwoman Escallier: Will you be able to answer his questions the next time we meet?

Mr. Toro: I don't know if we'll have it 100% the next time because of the soil testing with the weather right now. That might be one issue, but the wall design and the architectural we'll have more information on those. The Army Corp Engineering sign off and the Orange County Sewer might not be ready but the bulk of the items we can get that together.

Member Kelly: I have a question about the proposed storage warehouse, do you know what you're going to be storing there? Whose coming in?

Mr. Toro: I'll find out but from my understanding, most of it will be dry goods.

Chairwoman Escallier: Is the name of the company 38 Commerce Drive LLC? Is it something different? Is there going to be something on the building that says what the name is? Are you going to have 38 Commerce on the sign for the building?

Mr. Toro: I suspect not. I will find out if they're giving it a different name. Just for purposes of identifying location for the site plan.

Mr. Russo: If you could get the sign information, sizing, color, lit or not lit, on the building or free standing.

Mr. Toro: We did show the location in the front of the entrance. I can get you more information on that.

Mr. Russo: Have you been in front of the Village Board about seeking request for water? You'll have to do that also.

Mr. Toro: When you circulate the intent to be Lead Agency, will you send it to the County at the same time? How many plans do you need? Any additional ones?

Ms. Singer: If you could send it to me electronically, I can send it to Woodbury and Goshen electronically. I don't know who's working remotely, so this would possibly eliminate any delay.

Mr. Toro: That was the issue with Army Corp, it was mailed into him and he hasn't been in the office. We weren't old that until 3-4 months after it was mailed.

VILLAGE OF HARRIMAN PLANNING BOARD MEETING
Regular Meeting
December 21, 2020

Ms. Singer: When you e-mail me the plans, I can respond to the e-mail with the e-mail address that you can request getting onto the Village Board agenda.

Discussion regarding where and when to send the plans for review.

Discussion regarding Superior Pack Group and noise during the night, which is disturbing the neighbors, parking lots, landscaping.

Discussion regarding the construction at the Right Choice Builders site.

Discussion regarding Village View Estates development.

MOTION was made by Member Kelly to close the Planning Board meeting of December 21, 2020 at 8:10pm.

SECOND was made by Member Klare.

AYE Member Klare
Chairwoman Escallier
Member Kelly
Member Quinones

NAY: -0-

Respectfully Submitted: _____
Barbara Singer, Recording Secretary